We are looking forward to release XLT 4.3 soon. A lot of work has been invested to improve XLT and to provide a much easier way to gather all information from our powerful report engine. Have a look at some of the new features below.
New summary statistics directly on the overview page
It´s easier than before to get a quick overview of the performance of a system in general. Right on the overview page you will find information about summary statistics calculated over all transactions, actions, requests and custom timers. In addition to these statistics you´ll find a summary graph on the respecting category pages:
Trend reports will also contain summary charts, summary statistics will be available in comparison reports.
Arrival rate charts
We have already explained in detail why using the arrival rate model is best suited to simulate realistic system behavior. It was about time that we are offering dedicated charts to observe the arrival rate of a test run.
New error overview table
In addition to the detailed error table there will be a brand new reduced overview table which provides a quick overview about occurred errors:
Better readability for charts with high peaks
Charts with peaks (for example, caused by timeouts) can be hard to interpret as the relevant value area is squeezed together. We will offer two ways to improve this:
- The report generator can produce charts with a logarithmic scale instead of a linear scale.
- The maximum displayed y-value can be limited to a certain upper value, using a configurable factor multiplied by the mean value.
Both ways can be controlled within XLT settings and can be combined as well.
More report improvements
- It will be possible to switch to the same chart tab for all shown timers
- Added sorting feature to certain report tables such as the error and the response code table
- Overview about all responses grouped by their content type
Under the hood
- XLT 4.3 will use HtmlUnit v2.11
- It will be possible to ping agent controllers to briefly check whether all configured agent controllers are alive and run the same version of XLT.
- Improved error messages
- Added include feature to configuration files which makes it much easier to create flexible test suite configurations for different environments and with different load profiles.
There are many more improvements and several bugfixes. Stay tuned!