We continue to share cool things with the community of software testers and developers. Today we are announcing the availability of our no coding test suite for XLT under the Apache License v2.0.
You want to fire just a couple of URLs to load test your application? You have to investigate the performance problems of a feature and you need accurate measurements as well as a lot of load generated? You like XLT and its capabilities, but you don’t have the time to compile a sophisticated test suite from scratch? Whatever your motivation, our new test suite for XLT is the solution you are looking for.
Continue reading TestSuite-NoCoding – Load Testing with CSV Files
As a software tester, an episode such as the one below must be more than familiar to you and, let’s be honest, it has the potential of making the top ten of the most annoying things in our daily work routine:
- Pain in the neck: “Hey, I need more email addresses for testing, I just burnt all my own.”
- You: “Well, just use a fake one.”
- P: “Nah, I can’t, I need the activation emails.”
- Y: “Well, then, there are good disposable mailers out there.”
- P: “Very clever, but they aren’t protected by authentication and I signed an NDA for that project.”
- Y: “Here, use this one.”
- P: “But it wants to have a real email to sign me up and I don’t really feel like giving my real email away.”
- Y: “$§5$!51z1hhsks!”
Granted, it’s a matter of course that committed testers have many email addresses but what’s the use of them when you’re always limited to a certain number, when you can’t quickly change them, or deactivate them when an email service got hold of them?
Continue reading XCMailr – An Open Source Test Mail Forwarder
Another must read for the performance-aware programmer and tester. A nice slide deck about CSS performance issues at GitHub. Includes solutions as well.
A talk on some problems solved related to CSS Performance at GitHub. The talk was given at CSS Dev Conference in Honolulu, HI 2012. I recorded the presentation from my laptop and posted it here https://vimeo.com/54990931
Enjoy and keep in mind that performance matters.